Error: Return item can only be rejected
Why am I only allowed to reject the item in the return request?
Since the corresponding line items have been refunded separately on Shopify, the app would not be able to proceed with the refund again as there is no longer available items to be refunded.
In this instance, you may continue rejecting the item and state a return reason to indicate that the refund has been processed on Shopify, e.g. "Refund has been released separately".
How can I check the amount that has been refunded to the customer?
- You can click on the "View on your store" link on the top right corner of the PostCo return request page.
- You can scroll down the order page to look for the refund activities in the Timeline.
- Click on the event to expand it to check the item and amount refunded.
How can I refund the remaining amount if the item has been partially refunded?
- We would recommend clicking on "REJECT" for all the items when managing the requests in the dashboard.
- Go to the order page on the Shopify dashboard, and click on the refund button in the top right corner.
- You can ignore selecting items and type in the amount to refund in the Summary section on the right.
- Click on "Refund".
What actions can I take to reduce the warning occurrences in the future?
To avoid such occurrences in the future, we would highly recommending processing all customers' returns solely through PostCo. Should there be a need to proceed with the refund separately on Shopify, do take note that you would be prompted with the error above when trying to update the return requests.
Can PostCo prevent refunds on Shopify?
Unfortunately, Shopify does not allow us to prevent staffs with the relevant access from issuing refunds on Shopify.