Does your app allow customers to exchange for other products?
Yes, we allow your customers to exchange for other products using our Advanced Exchange feature which is available in the Pro plan and above. Unlike Same Product Exchange which allows customers to exchange for only the same product of different variants (size or colour), Advanced Exchange allows them to exchange for any other products within your Shopify collections.
However, do take note that your customers will only be able to exchange for products of the same price or lower and any remaining balance will not be refunded to the customer if they have chosen to exchange for an item of a lower price. Products that are more expensive than the one being returned will not be available for exchange.
How do I set up Advanced Exchange?
- First, just enable 'Advanced Exchange' under your 'Return Settings' and click on 'Advanced Exchange Settings' to set up your exchange options. If you do not see this option in your 'Return Settings', you may reach out to your Account Manager to get this feature set up.
- Make sure you sync your Shopify collections to make sure that the most recent changes to your collections on Shopify will be updated in our app by clicking on the 'Sync Shopify Collections' button. Regardless, your Shopify collections will be synced automatically twice a day at 12am and 12pm (UTC).
- Next, click on 'Create Exchange Option' to set up the exchange options that you would like to offer to your customers based on the product being returned. You can start by creating a name and description (optional) for the exchange option - both the name and description will be displayed within the return center when your customers lodges an exchange request. You are free to create as many exchange options as you like :)
- Using our example below, I've set up an exchange option where I would like my customers to be able to exchange for any other items within my Hoodies collection ('Exchange Collections') if they were to return any items within the Hoodies collection ('Product Collections'). By setting this up, my customers will not be limited to only the same hoodie of a different variant but they can now explore other hoodies within the Hoodies collection that I've set up on Shopify.
- Alternatively, I could also allow my customers to exchange for a completely different range of products such as items within my T-Shirts collection. Below I've created an exchange option where my customers are able to exchange for any items within my T-Shirts collection ('Exchange Collections') if they were to return any items within the Hoodies collection ('Product Collections').
- In case you're wondering, here's how the exchange options will look in your return center.