Return requests that have been completed will be shown under this tab and your customers would have been notified about their return request being resolved.
There are a couple of points that you would need to take note of at this stage.
Original Payment Method Refund
- Our app will now trigger an action to Shopify to release the refund to your customer based on the item price/return amount set in the Resolve page or the return amount adjustment rule that you have created (click here for more info).
- Your customer will refunded to their original method of payment which is reflected under 'Payment Gateways' in the return order.
- However, do note that there are certain payment gateways that Shopify will not able to automatically refund to. In such cases, you would need to process the refund directly via the said payment gateway.
Store Credit (Gift Card or Discount Code)
- Our app will now trigger an action to Shopify to create a gift card or discount code (depending on what you have enabled in your 'Return Settings') for your customer based on the item price/return amount set in the Resolve page or the return amount adjustment rule that you have created (click here for more info).
- The gift card or discount code will be automatically sent by Shopify to your customers' email within seconds after the return request has been resolved.
Automated Exchanges (Same Product Exchange or Advanced Exchange)
- Our app will now trigger an action to Shopify to create a new exchange order based on what the customer has selected.
- The new exchange order on Shopify can be easily identified by the tag or the order number in your Shopify orders dashboard (click here for more info).
- All you'll need to do now is to mark the order as 'Fulfilled' on Shopify once it's sent out to your customer.
Exchanges (Other Product Exchange)
- Unlike Same Product Exchange and Advanced Exchange, Other Product Exchange will not be automated.
- Since customers will not be able to instantly select their preferred item from your return center, they will instead manually indicate their preferred item and such exchange request would need to be handled manually.
- Upon resolving such exchange request, you will be prompted to proceed to further action by clicking on 'Mark as Done' to insert the order number of the exchange order that you have manually created on Shopify.